What is Mac Mini?
The outstanding advantages of the Mac Mini
Share how to use Mac Mini most effectively Compact, good portability is all that users can imagine about Mac Mini.
Not only that, this device also has the ability to transform extremely flexible, thereby helping you easily transform an ordinary display screen into a powerful Mac computer. In this article, we will learn more about Mac Mini to see why they are more powerful than regular PCs!
What is Mac Mini? What’s the difference between Mac Mini and Macbook?
Mac mini is a compact desktop computer produced by Apple that was released in 2005. Like a mini portable PC with powerful performance, enough ports. Unlike the regular Macbook line, the Mac mini is shipped without a monitor, keyboard or mouse included. This also means that you will have to buy additional accessories yourself to be able to use the Mac Mini.
It may sound odd at first, but it’s also what makes the Mac mini more versatile and delivers powerful performance to the devices you connect it to. For example, you can take advantage of anywhere with a monitor, keyboard and mouse to turn it into a work tool. And you just need to bring your Mac Mini to connect out. Therefore, anywhere can be your workplace. Pretty cool isn’t it!!
Mac Mini is a small desktop computer made by Apple. Design the Mac Mini like a small metal box with optional performance configuration options. The latest version is thinner at only 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inches and weighs 2.6 pounds. The case is made of high-quality aluminum, with the top of the prominent Apple logo and the side equipped with enough connection ports. Ports over the generations are transferred at faster speeds, supporting higher resolution screen output.
However, in general, it includes all ports: USB, Wifi, Bluetooth, HDMI port, Thunderbolt port, mini headphone jack, audio and SD slot.
It can be said that if your first impression of this Mac Mini line is quite annoying because you will have to buy a bunch of extra accessories. However, you will have to change it soon because the benefits it brings far outweigh its inconveniences.
You may be quite surprised that its performance can be much stronger than the Core i9 series or the 16-inch Macbook Pro. And now, let’s explore the benefits with MacOnline.
The outstanding advantages of the Mac Mini
It can be said that the Mac Mini series is known by quite a few computer users. But for those who know about it, it is impossible to resist its charm. Some of the main benefits of the Mac mini can be listed as follows:
Mac mini is a Mac that costs less than any other product line. It’s like you’re still cheaper than buying a basic configuration laptop. The base line of the mac Mini is only $699 while the higher memory option costs around $899, although you have to buy additional accessories but it’s still pretty cheap overall. Thus, you can choose to buy the cheap version and buy an additional external storage drive to add space and save quite a bit of money.
2. Compact size, versatile, high security
With a small and beautiful design, it is quite convenient to carry around, without really taking up much of your working space. Although adding a full set of screens, keys, and mice, it is still quite compact.
Although small, the Mac Mini has quite a few ports to help you connect peripherals from monitors, keys, mice, printers, and projectors more easily. And of course the favorite point about the Mac Mini is that wherever you are, just have a screen and you can turn it into your extremely powerful work device.
This allows you to work from anywhere or set up an office in any location where a screen and Wi-Fi are available. Along with that, the Mac Mini has extremely high security capabilities. With the new T2 chip, you can prevent malicious code and virus from entering extremely well. So you can rest assured that your data will not be compromised.
3. Peak performance
It can be said that Apple’s most powerful computer line. It can be said that the CPU of the Mac Mini is much stronger than the macbook. We take the example of the most recent Mac Mini version, which is the two basic lines of Mac Mini with Intel i5 chip and Mac Mini M1.
- Only with the Mac Mini version Intel i5 can work all software whether heavy or light perfectly.
- It can export 4K videos quickly, can work with 20 tabs Chrome, Safari, ….
- You can edit photos in Photoshop, Lightroom with about 20 layers and the performance is still smooth,…
- And especially Especially with programming programs, coding, video editing is also done well without delay. This extreme performance is most evident on the latest Mac Mini M1.
- Owning 2 Thunderbolt 4 ports with the ability to transfer data up to 40 Gb / s, support to output images to sharp 6K screens.
- Along with that is the exclusive Apple _ M1 processor consisting of 8 CPU cores and 8 GPU cores that is specifically for professional graphics people…
- It can be said that its graphics performance is far beyond the Intel Macbook series. Core i9 or 16-inch Macbook Pro,…
- There are many benefits to using Mac Mini
Using the Mac Mini is also quite simple, you just need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect the Mac Mini to a power source then press the power button on the back of the machine to turn it on.
- Step 2: Connect your Mac Mini to a monitor (desktop monitor, TV, iMac or your Macbook…) using a port such as Thunderbolt, HDMI or VGA depending on the device… (If you connect a TV monitor you will need a Mini Displayport to VGA converter)
- Step 3: After you connect to the monitor, some basic settings will appear on the screen to use such as: update the country or region and then select the language and install set the time,…
Connect to a wired network or Wifi then sign in with your Apple ID to stay in access and sync some of the data you have. Finally, choose whether the screen interface is light or dark, you have access to the main screen to use.
Have you answered the question What is a Mac Mini?
Or do you have a better understanding of the useful features of this Mac Mini?
Indeed, with its compact and flexible design, this Mac Mini will become an extremely useful work tool if you know how to use it.
Hope the article will be useful to you and let you soon consider buying a Mac Mini!